Blogs > The Arts Whisperer

Offering a fresh way of helping you keep up with art and entertainment happenings around the Capital District.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

so much to do, so little time

There's a saying - if you want something done ask a busy man to do it. The logic of that statement is busy people know how to prioritize their time and get things done. People with too much time tend to put off and stretch out work. It's the Parkinson's Theory of "Work expands to fill the time available."

I'm not sure where I fit in that theory -busy or slothful - but I do know I've been extremely busy - enough so that when I do have down time I enjoy being slothful. The result of this sloth has been to neglect this blog.

Now in the midst of the frantic summer season extremely busy turns to insanely busy. In the past 18 days I attended 11 plays/operas. I've written on all of them for the pages of THE RECORD. Most have them have been in the Berkshires which requires additional travel. So yes, I've been busy.

One of strange thinks about being busy is it's like exercise. It gives you additional energy. I tend to get edgy on the rare night I don't have anything to do. Last night I had no plays assigned, but I was at a board meeting for Caffe Lena for a couple of hours. Tonight I will likely to go to "Merchant of Venice" by Saratoga Shakespeare in Congress Park in Saratoga, Thursday "The Hollow" at Theatre Barn in New Lebanon, Friday "Romeo & Juliet" at Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, Mass. and Saturday "Sylvia" at Berkshire Theatre Festival in Stockbridge, Mass. Maybe on Sunday I will go to the Salem Arts Tour tour as 15 artists open their studios to the public. (Read more about it in Thursday's InSight.)

I've come to realize that I do a lot of things like the art tour are not reportable (after the fact) in the pages of The Record, and there are other things that cannot be detailed in a short review or preview piece. In other words, I have not been using this blog to full advantage to report on all there is to do, or to cover in the depth things deserve.

I hope in the next several weeks to write more about things that are available in the area and to share different slants on things that I see.

So bear with me and let's see if the busy man theory is fact or myth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home