Blogs > The Arts Whisperer

Offering a fresh way of helping you keep up with art and entertainment happenings around the Capital District.

Friday, December 5, 2008

choices

Talk about feast or famine. When it comes to entertainment December is a period of feast while in January we might be scavenging for something to do. But while there is plenty - let's feast.

A problem with having so much available is deciding what to see or do. For example, this weekend I have a commitment to review the New York State Theatre Institute's Kabuki version of "Sleeping Beauty" on Sunday at Russell Sage College and on Saturday evening I will be going to "Nuncrackers" at Cohoes Music Hall.

That leaves Friday night with so many choices. "A Christmas Carol" opens at Schenectady Civic Theater and I would love to take the grandbrats to "Seussical the Musical" at Schenectady Light Opera over the weekend. My dark sense of humor tells me "Eight Reindeer Monologues" will be a lot of fun at the Arts Center in Saratoga Springs.

Since I'm already committed to two theater productions this weekend, some musical entertainment might be a better choice. I've seen the Trans-Siberian Orchestra several times and I always enjoy Christmas sentiments put to a glitzy rock format. But they are the TU Center Sunday and I'm at NYSTI's "Sleeping Beauty" that day The same conflict holds true with the Albany Symphony Orchestra's "Magic of Christmas" which is at the Palace Theatre on Saturday and Sunday.

That leaves the choices for tonight between the Boston Pops Espianade Orchestra with Keith
Lockhart conducting at Proctors Theatre or "A Christmas Carol" at Schenectady Civic Theatre.

Sometimes having tough choices can be a lot of fun. And in this case, I can't make a bad choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Capone, Comedian-Therapist said...

I saw Continuous City at the EMPAC on 12/5.log.
I'll be attending a film there next Thursday.
You might try to include EMPAC'S presentations in your blog.

December 7, 2008 at 10:43 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was part of the crew of The Eight: Reindeer Monologues. Did you get a chance to go see it? I hope so, it was amazingly funny.

Cheers!

December 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home